Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Work Is Overrated.

First let me stress that I like my job. After being unemployed for almost 19 months, I am super happy to be back at work.

NOW that I have said that...I still wish I could win the lottery and never have to work again a day in my life.


I am exhausted. I mean really, really tired.

Who knew that sitting behind a desk for hours on end could drain every ounce of energy out of you. I work all day and come home to a mess of an apartment. Decorating is the last thing that I think about anymore. I don't have the energy to shop or to haul stuff up three flights of stairs if I did manage to go shopping.

Our lease may very well be up before I even get artwork behind the couch!

I am just waiting for the weekend to get here. Perhaps then I can get a small burst of energy and at least finish up my balcony.

Until then, enjoy this lovely photo of me at our most recent apartment shindig! Ya...our complex throws a bash with free food and drinks. Gotta love that.

2 comments:

  1. Omg. I'm totally with you on being completely exhausted working an office job! My bf (who works in a restaurant) never understands why I'm so tired. "You sit at a desk all day!" he says. And I'm all "You get to sleep in until 2pm while I'm getting up at the ass crack of dawn and overworking my brain for the next 8+ hours!" Haha! Sorry to rant but people need to be more sympathetic to the Office Workers of America! I never take a weekend for granted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you haven't seen the movie Office Space...you need to!
    Perfect example of cubicle hell!

    ReplyDelete